Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm ENGAGED!!!

Well, the title pretty much sums it up.  I'M ENGAGED!!! I don't think I could really put enough exlamation points behind that to justly explain how I feel. I am on cloud infinity. I am over the moon and then again.  Basically, I am trying to tell you that I am HAPPY.  You know that contagious sickness that you see people with and try to avoid? You know the type.  You can sense this sweet, sticky sunshine before you even turn around. Then as you slowly turn your head, there is a brilliance of light that is radiating from the person's aura.  It is blinding.  Whatever mouth situation they have going on, it doesn't matter because the joy that sings out of their skin diverts any scary dental nightmare.  Their eyes are like deep whirlpools of candylands, waterparks and any favorite summer delight you treasured and thought was lost as a kid.  It is mesmerizing.  The happiness that oozes from them is intriguing. You want to, but you don't. You want to, but something holds you back.  Maybe it is the sensible side of you that realizes if you entertain this person, their story -o- happiness will be on replay as you stuff your pillow over your face that night.  The air is lighter around them.  If you don't blink, you will see a recreation of Snow White's enchanted living complete with singing birds that do dishes.  They gush about their newfound love.  Whether it be person, job, house, child, etc. And then whatever they are happy about, they insist you find it too.  All the rest of us know to let this person calm down. 

PS- I am this person.  And I am not calming down.

No comments: