Monday, February 27, 2012

You Are Worth It

Crazy the the ups and downs we experience.  I look back over the last two weeks and I have been just ridiculous in my annoying smiling and laughter.  Some times are just good like that.  I mean, who wouldn't be on cloud nine after a first time perfect experience of a Valentine who God designed for you? Or a surprise proposal that ended in tender whispers in some hole-in-the-wall restaurant? How about a phenomenal trip with the love of your life? A week where the students seem to be on a good pace of learning and just plain enjoyment? A Friday night that includes crazy videos, hilarious skits, too much pizza, just enough ice cream, and an amazing chat about who God is and how He loves with your very much beloved middle school girls? A time to sit and talk with a missed friend, roomate, sister? Worship one on one with a Father that created me to have a relationship with not only Him, but His children?  This has been my high.  My up.  I am beyond blessed and so amazed at the hand of God.

God doesn't always promise the ups though.  In fact, as my principal pointed out in devotion this morning, He asks us to endure hardship.  There are fights to be fought.  Races to be run.  Strength to draw from, meaning there are times of weakness. 

So as I am sitting here drained on a rainy Monday afternoon, I am not so shocked by the lows, but in a sense of complete brokeness in the face of the only God who can restore.  Starting last night I have felt the burden just a little heavier.  Pain for my students, hurt for my friends, a heaviness for the ones who just don't know the love of Christ.  It is almost unbearable.  It is almost a sense of hopelessness.  The thoughts are relentless of all the injustice, all of the misconceptions, all of the misguidance.  The end seems so far and out of reach.  The desperate need for the saturation of the Holy Spirit is overwhelming. 

There is nothing else to do. Nothing but to fall on my face. Not as an act or show. Not as a ritual or timed maneuver.  But as a pure desperate act of faith and trust. It was what I was created for.  To fall at my Father's feet and surrender the fears and pain so that He can take over and be the strength in my weakness. So that His glory can be shown and given full credit.  Because He is worth it.
This song by rita Springer is AMAZING.  And so right.

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQVmR0jV52A

No comments: